Sunday 16 March 2014

Food, My Fiend




Hello again you tempting fiend
with your sarcastic and condescending smile.
I crave you as the trees hunger after the sunlight and air.
I hear your laughter in that wicked depraved way
when you entice me and beguile me.
You throw me a morsel of hope
when you realize my life is devoid without you.
Despite my gluttony and excesses,
you’re always there to comfort me
no matter the time of day.
You amuse me in my moments of desperation,  
monotony, and bouts of dejection.
Regardless of my mood
I just cannot get enough of you.
Lately I feel we’ve grown too intimate,
my dependence on you too intense.
I need to break away from you
finding ways and means
of distraction and diversion.
Realization comes in bursts of comprehension
that reliance is a source of destruction
to my physical and emotional well being.
Be my friend, my confidante,
but not my whole motivation for existence.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment