Friday 19 June 2015

Darkness Into Light




I’m surrounded by the living with an aching soul
that cannot devote enough time for compassion.
With tears abundantly flowing down my face,
 I cannot understand where it suddenly vanished to.

During these shattered days and nights I have exhausted
the gift of laughter which is beyond repair.
Its like a rock skimming the water, and glinting in the twilight,
spreading outwards toward a moonbeam dancing on the water.
This dark velvet screen that hides my soul  
has damaged my inner essence eternally.

In a flash of illumination the screen has lifted
and a new angle has suddenly come into view.
My spirit thrusts me into the reality of this world,
which is both unfamiliar yet simultaneously welcoming.
My enlightened eyes feel the reality of this innovative life
as I stride forth peacefully and self assured.

I’ve been contemplating this life for so many years as
the dimness is irrevocably substituted by the light.
After giving up the darkness and obscurity of it all, 
I can now perceive where it all went astray.
I cherish every moment of my new life as my spirit
encompasses me with all its capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment