Saturday 5 December 2015

Our Hearts Will Always Touch


This vicious disease has grabbed hold of you
my dearest and most precious father.
Minute by minute time is racing you down  
like a flower wilting in the moonlight.
It interrupts laughter, grabs the sparkles from my eyes   
shimmering under the shadow of grief.
This aching so intensely deep that
it cuts into my soul like a malicious knife.
Life is not passionate without its own heartbreak.
It humbles us and sets the bar for our own soul searching.
When I think of you my sweet, I know
you’ve sung your song to the world and
will leave behind a melody of memories
like light shining through cracks in the floor.
So embrace it with all your love and gentleness.
Be one with nature and harmonize with the angels
now that it is your time to walk into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment